Do I need a Plumber or a Drainage Contractor?

We understand that dealing with a plumbing or drainage concern in your property can be a huge source of tension. And to add to the tension, often it’s challenging to understand who precisely to contact us to assist, and whether you’re handling a leaking tap or an obstructed drain, many individuals are left asking themselves “what do plumbing technicians do that is different to a drain professional?”

Here, we describe the difference in between a drain contractor and a plumber, so you understand who to contact us to deal with your specific concern.

We can call out drainage engineers and a blocked drain plumber so you can secure your family (and your wallet) when things go wrong.

Do I require a drain professional?

Experiencing any of the following? I is frequently best to seek the advice of a professional drain specialist …

  • Your drains are obstructed or slow-flowing
  • Your drainage pipelines require replacing or relining
  • You’re experiencing flooding due to break external pipework
  • You’re experiencing a malfunctioning or obstructed drain line
  • You require removal and disposal of waste and nasty water
  • You need a CCTV video camera surveys to inspect the condition of your drains

Do I need a plumbing technician?

If you’re experiencing any of the following, a plumber would be the very best individual to call if …

  • Your tap is leaking
  • Your toilet, shower, bath, or sink require fixing or replacing
  • You require new taps set up
  • You have a leaking radiator
  • You have a leakage in the interior pipework of your home
    Plumbing Professional vs Drain Contractor: General general rule

One general rule to follow is if it’s a problem with water entering your property (for instance a dripping tap, replacing a toilet or bath etc) is that this work would generally be carried out by a plumbing engineer.

The kind of work best carried out by a drainage engineer is when the issue is with water exiting your residential or commercial property (a blocked toilet, sink, or damaged drain for instance).